Monday, March 17, 2008

Palm Sunday Prayer


King Jesus,
Why did you choose a lowly ass to carry you in your parade?
Had you no friend who owned a horse, a royal mount fit for a king to ride? Why choose an ass, a small unassuming beast of burden, trained to plow, not carry kings.

King Jesus,
Why did you choose me, a lowly unimportant person to bear you in my world today? I'm poor and unimportant, trained to work, not carry kings, let alone the king of kings. Yet you've chosen me to carry you in triumph in this world's parade.

King Jesus, keep me small, so all may see how great you are.
Keep me humble so that all may say, "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord", not "what a great ass he rides". Amen.
(Joseph Bayly, "Psalms of my Life")

1 comment:

jwalange said...

Padre Pedro,

So happy you started a blog - I will be here often. Love that last quote - that's a good one to remember.

p.s. - thanks for the link!