The Romans Road
1. Rom. 3:10 - "As it is written, ’There is none righteous, not even one."
People tend not to think of themselves sinners, but no one would be so foolish as to declare they are perfect. This puts everyone in the same predicament that they cannot make it into heaven unless they are perfectly righteous in the eyes of God.
2. Rom. 3:23 - "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."
Sin is anything that displeases God. Sin is anything that misses the mark of perfection in what we say, think or do. Without the forgiveness of sin, there can be no salvation for anyone.
3. Rom. 5:12 - "Just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin and so death spread to all men because all sinned."
All people inherit Adam’s sinful nature from their parents. No one can escape it or eliminate it. We all stand condemned - except for the one solution found in Jesus Christ - and His substitutionary death on the cross in our place for the forgiveness of sins.
4. Rom. 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Sin has eternal consequences for us that include death and hell unless we believe and embrace the free gift of eternal life provided by God through Jesus Christ our Lord. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, for He alone paid for our past, present, and future sins through His life, death, and resurrection.
5. Rom. 10:9 - "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
Admit you are a sinner and that you need forgiveness. Believe in your heart by trusting in Jesus' finished work on the cross for the forgiveness of your sins. Confess that Jesus is your Lord and Savior and you will be saved.