Tuesday, June 20, 2017

the real rainbow connection


I've always imagined there being a rainbow over the empty tomb on Easter Sunday morning - a little holy speculation I suppose. That's probably where I got the idea for this little diddy. So with apologies to Kermit the frog, here's my version of his little rainbow song ...

Why are there so many songs about rainbows? And what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, not merely illusions, cause God's got nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it,
I know they're right wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, for sinners and schemers like me.

Who said that every prayer could be heard and answered when prayed by the morning star?
God's the one who thought of that, and some have believed Him, and look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing?
And what do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, for sinners and schemers like me.

Have you been half asleep and have you heard a voice say,
Wake up, I'm calling your name.
Is this the sweet sound, the call of my Savior,
The voice might be one and the same.
I've heard it too many times to ignore it,
It's something that I'm supposed to be.
Finally I've found it, in Christ's resurrection, for sinners and schemers like me.
Finally I've found it, in Christ's resurrection, for sinners and saints like me.

+++


1 comment:

Alvin said...

How about singing it at the reunion? Nicely done.